- Aerospace Medical Certification Division Contact Information
- FAA MedXPress (use to complete FAA Form 8500-8)
- Get a Medical Certificate
- Locate an Aviation Medical Examiner
- Questions and Answers
- Request a Copy of Your Medical Certificate
HIMS (Human Intervention Motivation Study) AMEs are trained in evaluating airmen for substance- or alcohol-related conditions or other mental conditions. HIMS AMEs can provide sponsorship and monitoring for such conditions when required by the FAA for medical certification purposes.
Aviation Medical Examiners
- Aerospace Medical Certification Subsystem (AMCS) Online Support
- Aviation Medical Examiner Training
- Federal Air Surgeon's Medical Bulletin
- Guide for Aviation Medical Examiners
- Regional Flight Surgeon Contact Information
- When Your Pilots Use MedXPress…
Drug & Alcohol Program
Health & Fitness of Pilots
MedXPress Information for the Pilot
FAA MedXPress is a web application pilots must use to submit their certification applicant information (Items 1 through 20) of the FAA Form 8500-8. Pilots need only a valid email address to create a MedXPress account to use FAA MedXPress. MedXPress is designed to expedite the processing of a pilot's request for certification and shorten the pilot's office visit with the AME.
As of October 1, 2012, pilots are required to use MedXPress.
Please note: At this time MedXPress is not available for use by FAA Air Traffic Controllers.