You will work with the FAA throughout the certification process. The most effective and efficient way to navigate through the certification process is to understand the role that the FAA plays, as well as the role your organization plays.
- Verifies that an air carrier is capable of operating at the highest degree of safety and that its safety-critical process complies with the regulations and safety standards prescribed by the FAA.
- Approves or accepts air carrier processes and programs.
- Issues an air carrier operating certificate.
- Provides documentation that meets or exceeds FAA expectations for quality, completeness, and timeliness.
- Designs and documents processes that identify hazards in its system and manages the associated risk to an acceptable level.
- Audits processes using ATOS data collection tools.