Printable version (PDF)
Portable Electronics on Airplanes: FAA Allows Airlines to Expand Use of Portable Electronics
The U.S. Department of Transportation's Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) has determined that airlines can safely expand passenger use of Portable Electronic Devices (PEDs) in airplane mode during all phases of flight.
- Use smartphone, tablet, or e-reader.
- Rollout will vary by airline. Check with your carrier for details.
- No voice, no cellular.
- Use Airplane Mode, You May Use Airplane's Wifi if Offered.
- Stow heavy devices during takeoff and landing.
- Listen to the safety briefing.
- Follow crew instructions.
For more information, visit www.faa.gov.