The Federal Records Act (44 U.S.C. 31) and other statutes require all federal agencies to create records that document their activities, file records for safe storage and efficient retrieval, and dispose of records according to Agency schedules. > Learn More
Latest News and Alerts
- Presidential Memorandum - Managing Government Records, (11/28/2012)
- Managing Government Records Directive (8/24/2012)
- Order 1350.15C (2/3/2011)
- More »
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a record?
- What is an electronic record?
- Is my calendar a record?
- What are my responsibilities?
- More »
Policy & Guidance
Laws & Statutes
FAA's records retention schedules on how long to keep Agency records and what to do with them afterwards.
Quick references, detailed guides, and forms for performing records management tasks.
Glossary and Resources
Common records management terms and definitions, as well as resources such as FOIA, U.S. National Archives, and other records organizations.