- 10 Most Frequent Questions about Records
- Do you know what a record is and what your records responsibilities are as an Agency employee?
Frequent Questions about...
- Calendars and Records
- Is your calendar an Agency record? This will help you determine what you need to keep and for how long.
- Cleanup Days and Records
- So your office is having a cleanup day, and you're required to participate. Here's what you need to do with your records.
- Electronic Information Systems and Records
- Is your database a record, and is it covered by a records schedule? This will explain your recordkeeping responsibilities for databases and other electronic information systems.
- E-Mail and Records
- Most of your communication is done via e-mail. Do you know how to determine whether your e-mail is a record and, if so, how to manage it?
- Geospatial Data and Records
- You work with maps, aerial photographs, and geographic information systems in conducting Agency business. Are you meeting your records responsibilities?
- Personal Digital Assistants (PDAs) and Records
- Do you have a PDA? You need to make sure that any Agency records on it are captured elsewhere.
- Personal Papers
- You can't help but have some personal documents at work. Here's what you need to do with them.
- Recordkeeping Systems
- Do you need to organize your records? A recordkeeping system is an essential tool.
- Records Schedules
- You've heard you need to figure out what schedule applies to your records, but you don't know how? This will help you understand the process.
- Retiring Records
- Too much paper? Retire your records to off-site storage.
- Transferring Records
- Do you know what to do with "permanent" records?
- Verbal Communications and Records
- Are you documenting every meeting, conversation or voicemail where a decision is made?
- Web Sites and Records
- Do you know what, if anything, related to your Web site is a record? And if it is a record, do you know how to manage it?
- Working Files
- Your work is in progress. Did you know that it still might be a record?
See also: Tools
Page Last Modified: 01/09/12 14:10 EST