- Developing and Maintaining a Vital Records Program
- Instructions on how to develop a plan for identifying and protecting vital information, conduct an analysis of threats and risks, select protection methods, and implement and maintain the records protection program.
- File Plan Guide
- An introduction to the Agency-wide file structure and Agency file codes, which are used to organize FAA records, and directions for implementing them in your program. A file plan lists the records in your office, and describes how they are organized and maintained.
- Moving Your Records
- Tools you need to plan and implement a successful move of your office records.
- Procedures for Managing Agency Records
- Detailed procedures for creating, maintaining, and disposing of Agency records, including electronic mail records.
- Records Management Self-Evaluation Guide
- A method for evaluating and monitoring your records management program.
- Six Steps to Better Files
- A 6-step approach to better files, with step-by-step instructions that program staff can follow.
- Using the Federal Records Center
- Detailed procedures for retiring records to, and retrieving records from the Federal Records Center.
- Standard Form 115, Request for Records Disposition Authority
- Used by Federal agencies to obtain disposition authority from the National Archives and Records Administration (NARA). It is generally used for unscheduled records. (from the GSA Forms Library)
- Standard Form 135, Records Transmittal and Receipt
- Documents the physical transfer of records to the Federal Records Center. (from the GSA Forms Library)
- Form: OF11 , Reference Request – Federal Records Centers
- Used by Federal agencies to obtain reference service involving records they have stored in a Federal records center. (from the GSA Forms Library)
Page last modified: October 01, 2012 2:18:16 PM EDT
This page was originally published at: http://www.faa.gov/about/initiatives/records/tools/