SMS development for Air Operators, MROs and Training Organizations can be furthered by using some core documents and tools. The list (and links) below highlight the base documents, as well as other helpful material and resources.
SMS includes the four Components and 12 Elements, with respective processes. The guidance material and tools highlight functional requirements, design expectations and performance objectives. An SMS Video (WMV) is available, providing specific, relatable examples of how an SMS can be applied to aviation in simple and complex operational environments.
- AC 120-92B – Safety Management Systems for Aviation Service Providers
- The Safety Management System Voluntary Program Guide is available by request (see contact information at bottom of page).
- SMS Newsletter (PDF)
- Tools specific to Air Operators, MROs, and Training Organizations developing an SMS
- SMS Voluntary Program Gap Analysis Tool (Air Carrier) (MS Excel) This tool can be used for assessing an Air Carrier's organization with respect to SMS requirements of the SMS Voluntary Program Standard.
- SMS Voluntary Program Gap Analysis Tool (MRO) (MS Excel) This tool can be used for assessing a Maintenance Repair Organization with respect to SMS requirements of the SMS Voluntary Program Standard.