5950 Hazeltine National Drive, Suite #500,
Citadel International, Orlando, FL 32822-5023
Phone: (407) 812-7700
Email the Office
Fax: (407) 812-7710
Office Hours: 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Appointments: Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday
Office visits by appointment only (24 hour advance notice).
Until further notice, the Orlando Flight Standards District Office has discontinued providing the following services.
- CFI Renewals*
- Private Pilot Certificate Based on Foreign Certificate**
- Military Competency
- SIC type rating applications
- SOE restriction removals
- Restricted ATP limitation removal
- Student pilot certificates (seeking Private or Sport privileges)
- Ground Instructor applications (Basic, Advanced and Instrument)
- *CFI Renewals based on Duties and Responsibilities: Per FAA Guidance, a renewal based on Duties and Responsibilities still requires FAA Inspector action. The following are examples of renewals based on Duties and Responsibilities:
- Company Check Pilot
- Company Check Airman
- Chief Flight Instructor
- **Private Pilot Certificate Based on Foreign Certificate: An FAA certificate issued on the basis of your foreign license is now referred to a DPE.
Verification of Authenticity of a Foreign License/Medical (FAA Letter of Authenticity)
- To locate a DPE, an airman can visit the following website and select:
- MCFPE Military Competency / Foreign Pilot Examiner
- SO15 Orlando FLT STD DST Office or any office location