The National Airports Civil Rights Policy and Compliance staff assists, represents, and advises the headquarters managers and employees, and regional civil rights staff on civil rights and equal opportunity matters. They review and process external complaints from airport customers on issues of discrimination under Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 (race/color/national origin), the Americans with Disabilities Act (disability), Title IX of the Education Amendments (gender), and the Age Discrimination Act (age). The National Airports Civil Rights Policy and Compliance staff also works in collaboration with FAA Office of the Chief Counsel, FAA Airports Organization, and USDOT Civil Rights staff to revise and update federal civil rights regulations as they relate to national airports.
This office also works with customers external to FAA to provide oversight and technical assistance with regard to the Disadvantaged Business Enterprises (DBE) Program, Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), and Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964- including Environmental Justice (EJ) complaints and Limited English Proficiency (LEP) issues.
The National Airports Civil Rights Policy and Compliance staff is dedicated to eliminating unlawful discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, creed, sexual orientation, and individuals with disabilities in federally operated and federally assisted transportation programs.
Mailing Address:Federal Aviation Administration (ACR-4)
800 Independence Ave., SW
Washington, DC 20591
Location: Room 1030, FOB 10A
- Main Phone: (202) 267-3258
- Office Fax: (202) 267-5565
- Hours of operations: From 7:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Eastern Time
- Federal Regulations
- CFR49 Part 23 – Participation of Disadvantaged Business Enterprise in Airport Concessions
- CFR49 Part 26 – Participation by Disadvantaged Business Enterprises in Department of Transportation Financial Assistance Programs
- CFR49 Part 27 – Nondiscrimination on the Basis of Disability in Programs or Activities Receiving Federal Financial Assistance (U.S. Airports)
- FAA Orders
- Department of Transportation (DOT) Order 1050.2A – DOT Standard Title VI Assurances and Non-Discrimination Provisions (PDF)
- Non-Discrimination in Federally-Assisted Programs at FAA (PDF)
- FAA Order 1400.9A – Standards and Procedures Essential for Ensuring Access to Airport Facilities by Persons with Disabilities (PDF)
- Airport Unlawful Discrimination Poster (PDF, 146 KB)
- Questions and Answers