Administrative ContactDianne Lanizilotti
Support the development of the FAA research and development portfolio in strategic planning, budget formulation, program execution, and program evaluation.
Description of Work
- Produce the National Aviation Research Plan on behalf of the Administrator for submission to Congress. The National Aviation Research Plan (NARP) is a congressionally mandated, integrated plan for the FAA Research and Development (R&D) program that supports both the day-to-day operation of the national air transportation system and the future vision of the Next Generation Air Transportation System (NextGen).
- Develop, compile, and publish the R&D News and R&D Annual Review and Accomplishments, which encompass FAA R&D technical and nontechnichal reports, plans, newsletters, and brochures each year.
- Support the FAA's Research, Engineering and Development (R,E&C) Advisory Committee (REDAC), which is a congressionally mandated advisory committee that provides advice and recommendations to the FAA Administrator on all aspects of the FAA research program.
- Coordinate the R&D Portfolio Development Process for the agency with various Lines of Businesses to ensure development of an optimized portfolio.
- Track R&D program goals and activities across the portfolio.