Need help to locate materials - Ask the Librarian
Articles, ebooks, and papers can be found through subscription services that are availble to FAA employees and support contractors (with COR authorization). Login credentials are provided to authorized employees by library staff upon request.
Can't find materials through the library's resources. Try the Interlibrary Loan/Materials Request Intranet site to request materials. This service is limited to FAA employees and suport contractors (with COR authorization) and requires a one time registration and library staff approval.
Use of these subscription services is limited to current FAA employees and approved support contractor personnel
- ebrary ebook service
- The ebrary service from Proquest includes access to ebooks on computer science, engineering and related subjects
- IET ebook collection
- IET (Institution of Engineering and Technnology) ebooks published since 2010
- eJournal Service
- EbscoHost service includes abstracts and full text of articles from scholarly, peer reviewed periodical titles in the enginnering, physical and social sciences
- Proquest Dialog
- Dialog is an information service that provides access to over 90 databases in science, technology, social science and business
- IEEE Xplore
- Access IEEE journals, and conference proceedings.
- AIAA papers
- Access to AIAA conference papers
- AIAA journals
- Journal of Guidance, Control and Dynamicstitles
- Journal of Aircraft
- Journal of Aerospace Information Systems
- Access to Elsevier's full text scientific database of journal articles
- Access to American Psychological Association (APA) journal collection
- IET Video Collection
- IET.tv is one of the world’s largest collated resources of authoritative and multidisciplinary engineering and technology content. Comprising 6,500 presentation, lecture and training videos.
- Search Using FAA Technical Library Portal
- Proquest Serials Solutions Portal to all library eResources.
- Citation Linker
- Article citation linker to full text from Proquest Serials Solutions
- WorldCat is the world's largest network of library content and services. WorldCat libraries are dedicated to providing access to their resources on the Web, where most people start their search for information
- Started in 1991, arxiv.org is a searchable electronic archive for research papers. Subjects covered include physics, mathematics and related disciplines
- CiteSeerX is a scientific literature digital library that focuses on computer and information science.
- DART Europe E-Theses Portal
- The Digital Archive of Research Theses is a free web portal that provides access to dissertations and theses from European universities.
- Scholarly Societies
- Access to technical reports from the Defense Technical Information Center
- Directory of Open Access Journals
- Free full text quality controlled scientific and scholarly journals covering all subjects
- Hindawi Published Open Access Journals
- Hindwai publishes 438 peer reviewed open access journals covering all areas of science, technology and medicine
- SpringerOpen Journals
- Launched in June 2010, the SpringerOpen journal portfolio covers all areas of science, technology, medicine, the humanities and social sciences
- Advances in Cognitive Psychology
- An open access journal devoted primarily to the scientific study of perception, language processing, attention, memory and cognition. Published by the University of Finance and Management in Warsaw
- Advanced Science
- Advanced Science is an interdisciplinary premium open access journal covering fundamental and applied research in materials science, physics and chemistry, medical and life sciences, as well as engineering. Advanced Science publishes cutting-edge research, selected through a strict and fair reviewing process and presented using highest quality production standards to create a premium open access journal. Top science enjoying maximum accessibility is the aim of this vibrant and innovative research publication platform.
- OpenDOAR is an authoritative directory of academic open access repositories. OpenDOAR is primarily a service to enhance and support the academic and research activities of the global community. OpenDOAR maintains a comprehensive and authoritative list of institutional and subject-based repositories. It also encompasses archives supported by funding agencies like the National Institutes for Health in the USA or the Wellcome Trust in the UK and Europe.
- British Library Electronic Theses Service
- Search over 350,000 doctoral theses from UK Universities
- Civil Aerospace Medical Institute Library
- Human Factors in Aviation Maintenace
- Unmanned Aircraft Systems
- Research, Development and Technology Research Hub
- Office of the Assistant Secretary for Research and Technology of the Department of Transportation Research database
- Bureau of Transporetation Statistics (BTS)
- European Aviation Safety Agency (EASA)
- Eurocontrol Library
- International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO)
- NASA Technical Reports
- Volpe The National Transportation Systems Center Library
- National Technical Information Service (NTIS)
- National Transportation Safety Board (NTSB)
- DoD Index of Specifications and Standards
- NISO Standards
- Department of Agriculture National Agricultural Library
- U.S. Government Publishing Office : Federal Digital System
- Access to Code of Federal Regulations, Congressional documents, Laws ...
The NextGen Overview Storyboard will provide a short animation (approximately 30 seconds to one minute) of how each major program or capability interacts within the NAS. These short animations are enabled by clicking the Program or Capability Button (e.g. ASDE-X) at the bottom of the storyboard canvas. Once enabled, the animation will sequentially show the major message flow (e.g. inputs and outputs) to each NAS facility. Pop-up windows will also be displayed to highlight any important text or display information.
The Detailed Information Button, which is located on the top right hand corner of the canvas, will provide a more in depth animation (typically 4 to 5 minutes) of each program or capability. To enable this feature, click the Detailed Information Button and a screen will appear with ICONS supplemented by text for each of the detailed storyboards. Simply click on the ICON for the NextGen program or capability you wish to view. Each Detailed Storyboard will contain the following information:
There is also an exit button to return to the main menu.
Note:The NextGen Overview Storyboard is still under development and is in the process of being verified and validated. Of the Detailed Storyboards, six of the eleven are completed but also need to be verified and validated with the Subject Matter Experts. Detailed Storyboards for TFDM, TFMS, NVS, CSS-WX and RMLS are currently under development. The plan is to periodically issue new releases highlighting the new functions and changes.
Please send comments to Storyboard Comments