The Government Accountability Office (GAO) periodically issues reports, testimony, and news items on the health, policy, procedures, structure, and purpose of the AATF. These reports and testimony provide an objective analysis of pertinent proposal and issues with the AATF. The FAA's Office of Aviation Policy, International Affairs and Environment responds to inquiries arising from these reports and testimony to Congress as needed.
Reports and Testimony
- Potential impact of fees airlines charge to passengers on revenues available to the AATF Fund (PDF) (July, 2010)
- Commercial airline industry changes and effects on Federal Government revenues (PDF) (April, 2009)
- GAO Observations on FAA financial (PDF) (April, 2009)
- Trust Funds in the Budget (PDF)
- Whether the AATF Was Created Solely to Financial Aviation Infrastructure (PDF)
- Issues Related to Determining How Best to Finance FAA (PDF) (February 5, 1997)
Visit the GAO Reports & Testimonies website for more information.