The FAA issued Order 1050.1F Environmental Impacts: Policies and Procedures on July 16, 2015. This order serves as the FAA's policy and procedures for compliance with the National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) and implementing regulations issued by the Council on Environmental Quality (CEQ). This Order updates FAA Order 1050.1E to provide a clear, concise, and up-to-date discussion of the FAA's requirements for implementing NEPA and clarifies requirements in order to facilitate timely, effective, and efficient environmental reviews of FAA actions, including NextGen improvements. The 1050.1F Desk Reference is designed to complement FAA Order 1050.1F and should therefore be used in conjunction with the Order.
- Federal Register Notice of Final Order 1050.1F
- Federal Register Notice reopening 1050.1F public comment period (PDF)
- Federal Register Notice for Draft 1050.1F (PDF)
- Draft Order 1050.1F – Policies and Procedures for Considering Environmental Impacts (PDF)
- Categorical Exclusion Justification Package (PDF)