Quick Tips for Using the Online Catalog
Searching and retrieving records
- The online catalog can be searched by keyword, subject, author, or title.
- A keyword search will retrieve the most records.
- A search produces a list of records containing your search term.
- For details about an individual record, click on the hyperlink for that record.
- A subject heading highlighted in blue in a detailed record will display additional records using that same subject heading.
- An author's name highlighted in blue in a detailed record will locate additional records by the same author.
- A title highlighted in blue in a detailed record, however, does not function as a hyperlink.
Searching by author
- A search by an author's name might retrieve a list of authors with similar names.
- Check the box or boxes by the names of the author or authors that best match your inquiry.
- Select "holdings" to retrieve a list of titles written by those authors.
Saving, printing, or emailing your search
- Mark the records you want to retain with a check mark.
- Return to the main page of the catalog.
- Select how you want your list displayed under "Format".
- Choose "Preview" to retrieve a list that you can print.
- Choose"Email" and enter an email address to have the list sent to an email box.
For additional information on using the catalog select the "Help" button on the main page of the catalog.