The 2013 ASH SAVI will be available for you to take starting in November 2012. This year's ASH SAVI once again provides employees with the option of taking a pretest. This pretest option has significantly decreased the amount of time employees spent re-familiarizing themselves with this material. Most employees complete the ASH SAVI in less than 20 minutes! The ASH SAVI provides employees with an overview of the standardized and/or newly adopted security practices that are being implemented at all FAA sites.
The ASH SAVI is an annual requirement that supplements site-specific security training, required by FAA Order 1600.69.
Who must complete the ASH SAVI?
If you are an FAA employee, federal employee, contractor, sub-contractor, or military employee working in FAA facilities or leased facilities used by the FAA you must complete the SAVI by September 30, 2013.
What's new about the ASH SAVI?
The 2013 SAVI is now available to contract employees through FAA's Electronic Learning Management System (eLMS). Contractors who have FAA email addresses may use eLMS to complete the training.
For those without eLMS access, ASH has also worked to increase the availability of the SAVI by placing the course on FAA's public facing website. This new website will prompt individuals to enter an email address (i.e., .com, .gov, .mil, etc.) to receive a link to access the course. After completing the course an option is presented (see below) to have a completion certificate emailed to the individual.
What do you need to do to take this course?
For those with access to FAA's Electronic Learning Management System (eLMS):
- Go to the FAA's Electronic Learning Management System (eLMS), https://elms.faa.gov/ and look in the "To-Do List" section for the ASH SAVI FY13 Course (Item ID FAA30200201).
For those without access to eLMS:
- Contact your local Facility Computer Based Instruction (CBI) Administrator to schedule a time to take the 2013 ASH SAVI at your nearest training facility.
- Use 2013 ASH SAVI Internet Version (https://ashsavi.faa.gov/). To get credit for the course, you must forward a copy of your completion certificate to the appropriate individual within your organization (i.e., supervisor, Contracting Officer Technical Representatives, learning/training coordinator, etc.).
- Obtain a copy of the 2013 ASH SAVI (CD or "read and sign" version). Send requests to: 9-AWA-ASH-TechSupport@FAA.gov. Requests must include:
- Full Name of employees or contractors and their affiliation (i.e. contractor or federal), who will be viewing the course
- Line of Business/Staff Office and Routing Code (i.e. ASH/AIN-200) for each employee or contractor
- Complete shipping address (only required for CD requests)
- To get credit for the course, you must forward a copy of your completion certificate or a copy of the sign-in roster to the appropriate individual within your organization (i.e., supervisor, Contracting Officer Technical Representatives, learning/training coordinator, etc.).
For general issues with your computer:
- Contact your local technical support staff
For problems with eLMS:
- Contact the eLMS help desk at (405) 954-4568
Please direct any questions regarding the 2013 ASH SAVI to Richard King in the Office of Security at (202)493-5406.