Pre-application consultation is accomplished prior to the formal submittal of a license application. Pre-application consultation consists of any and all meetings, communications, and draft application submittals that a potential applicant may undertake with FAA prior to submitting a formal application. Pre-application consultation allows a prospective applicant to familiarize FAA with its proposal and FAA to familiarize the prospective applicant with the licensing process. It also provides a potential applicant with an opportunity to identify any unique aspects of its proposal, and develop a schedule for submitting an application.
Application Procedures are described in 14 CFR Part 413.
- Licensing and Safety Requirements for Launch; Final Rule (PDF, 520 KB), August 25, 2006
- Miscellaneous Changes to Commercial Space Transportation Regulations; Final Rule (PDF, 120 KB), August 31, 2006
- 14 CFR Chapter III (PDF, 4.7 MB) (FAA/AST Regulations)
- 14 CFR Parts 413 and 414 - Safety Approval Final Rule (PDF, 85 KB) August 15, 2006
- 14 CFR Parts 401, 411, 413, 415, and 417 (PDF) - Commercial Space Transportation Licensing Regulations; Final Rule (Effective 6/21/1999)
- 14 CFR Chapter III Parts 400-415 (PDF) - Commercial Space Transportation Licensing Regulations (4/4/1988)
- Advisory Circular (PDF), License Application Procedures, AC 413-1 (8/16/1999)