Reusable Launch Vehicle Pre-Application Consultation
You should meet with FAA/AST before you submit your license application. Pre-application consultation consists of any and all meetings, communications, and draft application submittals that a potential applicant may undertake with FAA prior to submitting a formal application. Pre-application consultation allows a prospective applicant to familiarize FAA with its proposal and FAA to familiarize the prospective applicant with the licensing process. It also provides a potential applicant with an opportunity to identify any unique aspects of its proposal, and develop a schedule for submitting an application.
Application Procedures are described in 14 CFR Part 413.
- 14 CFR Parts 400, 401, 404 et al. (PDF) - Commercial Space Transportation Reusable Launch Vehicle and Reentry Licensing Regulations; Final Rule (9/19/2000)
- Human Space Flight Requirements for Crew and Space Flight Participants; Final Rule (PDF) (February 13, 2007)
- Licensing and Safety Requirements for Launch; Final Rule (PDF), August 25, 2006
- Miscellaneous Changes to Commercial Space Transportation Regulations; Final Rule (PDF), August 31, 2006
- 14 CFR Chapter III (PDF) (FAA/AST Regulations)
- 14 CFR Parts 413 and 414 - Safety Approval Final Rule (PDF) August 15, 2006
- 14 CFR Parts 401, 411, 413, 415, and 417 (PDF) - Commercial Space Transportation Licensing Regulations; Final Rule (Effective 6/21/1999)
- 14 CFR Chapter III Parts 400-415 (PDF) - Commercial Space Transportation Licensing Regulations (4/4/1988)
- Advisory Circular (PDF), Reusable Launch and Reentry Vehicle System Safety Process, AC 431.35-2A (7/20/2005)
- Advisory Circular (PDF), Licensing Test Flight Reusable Launch Vehicle Missions, AC 431.35-3 (8/2002)
- Advisory Circular (PDF), License Application Procedures, AC 413-1 (8/16/1999)