This page contains Data Link documents and references.
- Data Link News
- New York CPDLC NOTAM (31 May 2006) (MS Word)
- FAA Advisory Circular 120-70B (PDF)Operational Authorization Process for Use of Data Link Communication System
- NEW! FAA Advisory Circular 20-140A (PDF) (Guidelines for Design Approval of Aircraft Data Link Communication Systems Supporting Air Traffic Services (ATS) (PDF) This AC provides airworthiness requirements for the type design approval of aircraft with a data link system installed.
- FAA Advisory Circular AC 91-70A (PDF)Oceanic and International Operations
- Updated! Data link Approval Checklist (15 Dec 2011) (MS Word)
- Updated! Asia Pacific Operational Authorization Information Package (15 Jun 2012) (MS Word) This information package has been developed by the FAA Headquarters Flight Technologies and Procedures Division (AFS-400) on behalf of the FANS Interoperability Team (FIT)
- Updated! GOLD (Global Operational Data Link Document) (GOLD 2nd Edition, 26 April 2013) (PDF)The GOLD provides guidance and information concerning data link operations and is intended to facilitate the uniform application of Standards and Recommended Practices contained in Annex 2 � Rules of the Air, Annex 10 � Aeronautical Telecommunications and Annex 11 � Air Traffic Services, the provisions in the Procedures for Air Navigation Services � Air Traffic Management (PANS-ATM, Doc 4444) and, when necessary, the Regional Supplementary Procedures (Doc 7030). This guidance material is intended to improve safety and maximize operational benefits by promoting seamless and interoperable data link operations throughout the world. This edition applies to the FANS 1/A and ATN B1 data link operations using automatic dependent surveillance � contract (ADS-C), controller-pilot data link communications (CPDLC) and the flight management computer waypoint position reporting (FMC WPR).
- For air traffic control procedures, contact Karen Chiodini AJE-32
- For flight standards information, contact Bob Tegeder AFS-430
- For program information, contact Roy Grimes FAA Program Support