This page contains Data Link documents and references.
- Data Link News
- New York CPDLC NOTAM (31 May 2006) (MS Word)
- FAA Advisory Circular 120-70B (PDF)Operational Authorization Process for Use of Data Link Communication System
- NEW! FAA Advisory Circular 20-140A (PDF) (Guidelines for Design Approval of Aircraft Data Link Communication Systems Supporting Air Traffic Services (ATS) (PDF) This AC provides airworthiness requirements for the type design approval of aircraft with a data link system installed.
- FAA Advisory Circular AC 91-70A (PDF)Oceanic and International Operations
- Updated! Data link Approval Checklist (15 Dec 2011) (MS Word)
- Updated! Asia Pacific Operational Authorization Information Package (15 Jun 2012) (MS Word) This information package has been developed by the FAA Headquarters Flight Technologies and Procedures Division (AFS-400) on behalf of the FANS Interoperability Team (FIT)
- GOLD (Global Operational Data Link Document) (GOLD 1ST Edition, 14 Jun 2010) (ZIP)The Asia-Pacific Air Navigation Planning and Implementation Regional Group (APANPIRG) and the North Atlantic Systems Planning Group (NAT SPG), have endorsed the initial release of the Global Operational Data Link Document ( GOLD). To the greatest extent possible, the GOLD resolves regional and/or State differences impacting seamless data link operations. The NAT SPG/46 endorsed the GOLD to supersede the Guidance Material for ATS Data Link Services in North Atlantic Airspace. ICAO Regional Headquarters, Bangkok, has authorized the GOLD to supersede the existing FANS Operation Manual (FOM). As APANPIRG/20 has endorsed the initial release of the GOLD, the document will be maintained as a regional guidance material in coordination with the other participating Planning and Implementation Regional Groups (PIRG). Any stakeholder will be able to submit a change proposal to the Regional Office. The Regional Office will coordinate the change proposal within its own region and with other regions and the ICAO Headquarters to determine the acceptability of the change proposal. Through this process, the global harmonization will be maintained. Once coordination has been completed and the change proposal is accepted, the change will be incorporated into the GOLD by the following APANPIRG meeting.
- For air traffic control procedures, contact Karen Chiodini AJE-32
- For flight standards information, contact Bob Tegeder AFS-430
- For program information, contact Roy Grimes FAA Program Support