Background: RVSM Task Force
The RVSM Task Force (TF) was initially formed under the Informal Pacific Air Traffic Control Coordinating Group (IPACG), and the first meeting was held in Los Angeles on June 24-25, 1997, with representatives from Japan, the United States, airlines, and interested international organizations. The IPACG RVSM TF met again on January 14, 1998, in Honolulu. Subsequent to that meeting, the 12th meeting of the Informal South Pacific Air Traffic Services (ATS) Coordination Group (ISPACG/12) agreed that South Pacific ATS providers would join Japan and the United States to form a Pacific RVSM Task Force. The third meeting of the Pacific RVSM TF was held on July 15, 1998, in Tokyo.
Formation of the ICAO implementation Task Force
At the ninth meeting of the Asia Pacific Air Navigation Planning and Implementation Regional Group, it was decided that an ICAO RVSM Implementation Task Force would be established to further the work that has been accomplished by the Pacific RVSM Task Force. The ICAO RVSM Implementation Task Force will have the following Terms of Reference:
- To develop strategic, benefits-driven implementation plans (based on cost benefit studies), in concert with airspace users, for RVSM operations within selected areas and airspace of the Asia Pacific Region, ensuring inter-regional harmonisation
- To consider any amendments to RVSM guidance material that may be proposed by States and international organizations
- To address any other matters as appropriate and relevant to the implementation of RVSM
The Task Force is made up of participants from Asia/Pacific States involved in RVSM implementation, or considering implementation of RVSM and international organizations.
|The Fourth Asia/Pacific Reduced Vertical Separation Minimum (RVSM Seminar/4) was held in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, April 25-27, 2001. The agenda and presentations are in WinZip Format.|
ATC Policy and Procedures
- Phraseology Related to RVSM Operations (MS Word)
- Additional information on previous ICAO RVSM TF Meetings
- Report of the Seventeenth Meeting of the ICAO Reduced Vertical Separation Minimum Implementation Task Force (RVSM TF/17) (PDF)
- Task force meetings after TF/17
- International Civil Aviation Organization Joint Co-ordination Meeting � RVSM MID/ASIA (Abu Dhabi, 19 � 20 October 2002) (ZIP)
Related Web Sites
FAA PARMO Web Site – The Asia/Pacific Air Navigation Planning and Implementation Regional Group (APANPIRG) has established a regional monitoring agency. This agency, the Pacific Approvals Registry and Monitoring Organization (PARMO), is located at the United States Federal Aviation Administration's William J. Hughes Technical Center.
RVSM Documentation – RVSM Aircraft and Operator Approval Documentation – Documents and guidance related to RVSM aircraft and operator approval.