The Terminal Flight Data Manager (TFDM) public website provides general information about the program and serves as the program's portal to industry for communications from the TFDM program office.
Topics on this page:
- About TFDM
- TFDM Timeline
- TFDM RFIs & RFPs
- TFDM Conflict of Interest List
- TFDM Team Contact Information
TFDM is a NextGen program that will change the face of the air traffic environment. It will serve as the automation platform for air traffic to support airport surface operations and aircraft activities in proximity of the airport. It will provide the capability to electronically process and distribute flight data to the various control positions in the FAA air traffic facilities and will provide the ability to share necessary data with the flight operators, fixed based operators, and airport operators.
TFDM core flagship capabilities consist of the following:
- Initial Surface Management System
- Electronic Flight Data Exchange
- Surveillance Data Integration with Flight Data
- Departure Scheduler
- Enhanced Data Exchange with External Stakeholders
The FAA is exploring the delivery of limited airport surface efficiency COTS capabilities.
Specifically, these capabilities will be delivered through the following TFDM functionality:
- Aircraft state and intent data exchange between stakeholders.
- Limited Surface Collaborative Decision Making (CDM) capabilities to include scheduling information displayed at air traffic control towers (ATCTs), Terminal Radar Approach Control (TRACON) facilities, Air Route Traffic Control Centers (ARTCCs), and the Air Traffic Control System Command Center (ATCSCC).
This timeline is to establish preliminary milestone schedules and not to obligate the FAA to perform any specific contracting activities or meet any program dates.
TFDM RFIs & RFPs
Release of RFIs, draft documentation, and instructions for comments will be provided via the FAA Contracts Opportunity website.
Along with the release of an RFI, the FAA may release draft acquisition documentation for industry comment prior to release of any future TFDM RFP.
TFDM Conflict of Interest List
This information is current as of April 2014, and is also available on FAACO, DTFAWA-14-R-00012, Amendment 0007.
This posting is of those companies that are providing support to the TFDM Program Office. All contracting staff is required to fill out a Non-Disclosure Agreement (NDA) and a Conflict of Interest (COI) form prior to being eligible to support the program.
- COI List (PDF)
TFDM Team Contact Information
Michael Huffman, TFDM Program Manager, and Leslie Fisher, TFDM Contracting Officer, comprise the TFDM team.