Guide for Aviation Medical Examiners - Application Process for Medical Certification
Exam Techniques and Criteria for Qualification
Item 58. ECG
- Code of Federal Regulations
- First-Class: 14 CFR 67.111(b)(c)
- A person applying for first-class medical certification must demonstrate an absence of myocardial infarction and other clinically significant abnormality on electrocardiographic examination:
- At the first application after reaching the 35th birthday; and
- On an annual basis after reaching the 40th birthday.
- An ECG will satisfy a requirement of paragraph (b) of this section if it is dated no earlier than 60 days before the date of the application it is to accompany and was performed and transmitted according to acceptable standards and techniques.
- Examination Techniques
- No Aerospace Medical Disposition exists
Page Last Modified: 09/28/12 11:17 EDT