Air Transportation Division
Air Carrier Training and 142 Training Center Branch
The Air Carrier Training Branch manages national standards, policies, and procedures relating to training and qualification under 14 CFR non-AQP Part 121, Part 135, and Part 142. The branch:
- Develops non-AQP part 121, 135, and 142 training and qualification policy for crewmembers, aircraft dispatchers, and certain other operations personnel.
- Determines the need for and helps develop new pilot airline transport pilot, flight engineer, navigator, and aircraft dispatcher certification regulations and amendments.
- Provides the division focal point for International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO) aircrew training issues.
- Develops policy for the air carrier designated examiner (ADE) Program.
- Meets and coordinates with the aviation community on air carrier training matters.
- Provides operational support, as needed, in the implementation of training policy and regulations.
Federal Aviation Administration
Air Carrier Training and 142 Training Center Branch, AFS-210
Room # 831
800 Independence Avenue, S.W.,
Washington, DC 20591