Air Transportation Division 135 Air Carrier Operations Branch
Air Transport Division
135 Air Carrier Operations Branch
- Determines the need for, provides justification, and assists in developing new regulations and amendments within the functional areas described above.
- Provides policy guidance concerning use of foreign aeronautical information publications by part 135 operators and air carriers.
- Functions as the division focal point for ICAO operational issues related to parts 135, fixed and rotary wing aircraft.
- Develops standard OpSpecs for part 119 and part 135 operators.
- Meets and coordinates with the aviation community on matters within its areas of responsibility.
- Provides operational guidance support for the implementation of certification, operations, and surveillance policy, and regulations pertaining to part 135 operators.
- Provides project specialists to participate as team leaders in developing and processing the division’s rulemaking projects, and as team members for other FAA regulatory elements.
- Conducts technical evaluations for exemptions in response to petitions by industry, the public and certificated persons.
- Monitors division activities so proper operational considerations are included in new and amended rules and exemption projects.
- Prioritizes division regulatory activities for timely completion of division and FAA commitments and industry needs.
- Participates in developing Advisory Circulars (ACs), safety alerts for operators (SAFO), information for operators (INFO), and directives pertaining to part 135 air transportation functions.
- Consults with and advises district offices and regions concerning the operational aspects of new or amended rules and exemptions related to assigned program areas.
- Serves as the coordination point for all part 135 branch regulatory activities with ARM, AGC, and other FAA Lines of Business.
- Represents the division in international meetings to further U.S. interests and to develop international standards and recommended practices pertaining to part 135 operational issues.
- Determines the need for and justification of the development of new commercial pilot and airline transport pilot certificates, and ratings pertaining to part 135 operations.
- Analyzes and evaluates the effectiveness of division policy in assigned program areas.
- Analyzes recommendations and prepare required responses to the NTSB concerning its findings after an accident investigation.
- Analyzes Part 135 FAA safety recommendations and takes appropriate action.
- Develop and revise Operation Specifications applicable to part 135 operations.
Page Last Modified: 03/19/13 12:30 EDT