- Provide advice, counsel, and program support to division management on management systems, processes, procedures, principles, and methodologies; strategic and tactical planning; matrix and participative management; and program analysis, evaluation, success metrics, and quality assurance (QA) measures.
- Develop and implement division policies, programs, processes, and procedures governing administrative, fiscal, and human resource management, including, but not limited to: time and attendance data entry, training requirements, travel, budget, program planning, and program reporting.
- Provide administrative management support for the division’s management team for general paperwork management (e.g., correspondence, records, forms, reports, and directives), contract management support, general office services, and logistical support.
- Monitor and report on the progress of responses for requests under the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA).
- Monitor the Cost Accounting System (CAS)/Labor Distribution Reporting (LDR) activities for the division.
- Manage the production of all division publications, including those on the Flight Standards Information Management System (FSIMS).
- Division focal for matters pertaining to Knowledge Services Network (KSN) input.
- Serve as the division’s focal for Quality Management System (QMS) activities.
- Prepare and submit on-demand and recurring informational reports, as required.
- Coordinate course sponsors and mentors with the Flight Standards Training Division (AFS-500) to ensure that new and existing courses are accurate, kept current, and meet AFS objectives and the organization’s needs.
Federal Aviation Administration Headquarters
Program Management and Information Branch, AFS-310
5th Floor, 950 L'Enfant Plaza, S.W.
Washington, DC 20024
Phone: (202) 267-1675
Fax: (202) 267-1813