Aircraft Maintenance Division - Air Carrier Maintenance Branch
- Sponsors and provides oversight of safety and educational programs related to its area of specialization for air carrier aircraft, including determining the criteria for maintenance training for field personnel.
- Represents the division in international meetings to further U.S. interests and to develop international standards and recommended practices for the International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO).
- Responsible for policy relating to the service difficulty reporting (SDR) and mechanical interruption summary reporting, as related to parts 119, 121, and 135 carriers.
- Acts as division focal point responsible for the development/implementation of OpSpecs working groups in the area of operations specifications.
- Acts as division focal point for human factors in aviation maintenance.
- Coordinates all division policy as it relates other divisions within Flight Standards.
- Provides technical guidance to other Flight Standards divisions, the regions, and other elements of the agency on all operational and technical facets of air carrier maintenance. Provides technical assistance to other FAA elements, other Government agencies, industry, and international aeronautics organizations.
Page Last Modified: 03/19/13 12:30 EDT