The Avionics Branch is the principal element in the division for all avionics and instruments as related to technical training, policies, and procedures, including development of certification, inspection, and surveillance policy.
- Coordinates and tracks all division regulatory activities with other FAA elements.
- Provides support and coordinates all avionics and instrument policy with the division.
- Provides technical guidance to other Flight Standards divisions, the regions, and other elements of the agency on all operational and technical facets of avionics and instruments. Provides technical assistance to other FAA elements, other Government agencies, industry, and international aeronautics organizations.
- Coordinates all division policy concerning new and emerging technologies as they relate to avionics and instruments with the Flight Technologies and Procedures division.
- Acts as the FAA headquarters focal point for the suspected unapproved parts program, including policy and coordination with Aircraft Certification Service.
Federal Aviation Administration Headquarters
Avionics Branch, AFS-360
5th Floor, 950 L'Enfant Plaza, S.W.
Washington, DC 20024
Phone: (202) 267-1704
Fax: (202) 267-1813