The Airmen Certification and Training Branch is responsible for:
- Policy for certification and training of airmen (pilots, ground, and flight instructors) under 14 CFR part 61 and 141.
The branch also:
- Ensures the initiation of appropriate corrective actions concerning FAA’s regulations/policies, procedures, standards, and operating practices as a result of reviewing investigations and hearings resulting from general aviation accidents, incidents, and violations.
- Advises the Director, Associate Administrator, and other officials on flight training, general aviation management systems, and flight training standards. The branch is also responsible for the development and implementation of standards, policies, and procedures.
- Flight Instructor Refresher Course (FIRC) Development
- FAA Industry Training Standards (FITS)
- Integrated Airman Certification and Rating Application (IACRA)
- Aviation Training Device Evaluation and Approvals (AC 61-136)
55 M Street, S.E.,
Washington, DC 20003
Federal Aviation Administration
Airmen Certification and Training Branch, AFS-810
800 Independence Avenue, S.W.,
Washington, DC 20591
Phone: (202) 385-9600
Fax: (202) 267-5094
Alternate Fax: (202) 385-9597