Flight Standards Information Management System (FSIMS) Volume 2, Chapter 7
- Section 1. Determine an Applicant’s Ability to Conduct Operations under Part 133, Rotorcraft External Load Operations
Part 133 prescribes rules governing the operation of rotorcraft (specifically helicopters) in operations involving loads that are carried outside the aircraft fuselage.
Eligibility (FSIMS Volume 2, Chapter 7, Section 1)
- For a minimum of 6 months, the applicant must have the exclusive use of at least one aircraft that is properly certificated and equipped and meets all airworthiness requirements for the appropriate class of rotorcraft external���load operations.
- The applicant must have the services of a chief pilot who holds at least a commercial pilot certificate with a rotorcraft category, helicopter class and, if appropriate, a type rating or an appropriate letter of authorization (LOA).
Certification Process Part 133 (FSIMS Volume 2, Chapter 7, Section 1)
- 2-933 – General
- 2-934 – Preapplication
- 2-935 – Formal Application
- 2-936 – Document Compliance
- 2-937 – Demonstration and Inspection
- 2-938 – Certification