Flight Standards Information Management System (FSIMS) Volume 2, Chapter 5
- Section 1. General
- Section 2. Phase 1 – Preapplication
- Section 3. Phase 2 – Formal Application (CHG 178 - 9/30/11)
- Section 4. Phase 3 – Document Compliance
- Section 5. Phase 4 – Demonstration and Inspection
- Section 6. Phase 5 – Documentation
Required Manuals for Operations
- Statement of Compliance:
Part of your certification includes the Statement of Compliance, also known as the Letter of Compliance (LOC). This document is primarily used to show how each regulation will be complied with.
- Program Operating Manual (POM):
This manual contains information about your general policies, duties, responsibilities of personnel, operational control policy, and procedures. Part 91, subpart K requires that your manuals include instructions and information that allow your personnel to perform their duties and responsibilities.
- Training Program
:Your training program includes curriculum segments similar to those for part 135. Part of the training program requirement includes demonstration of the use of the manual during training with the FAA inspector(s) present.