- Provides policy and guidance on AFS internal and external SMS requirements and interfaces
- Provides support to the AFS Director, Deputy Director, and Executive Steering Committee in execution of the AFS SMS doctrine
- Interfaces with the AVS SMS Working Group
- Is responsible for SMS concept development, in accordance with AVS SMS doctrine and standards
- Is responsible for SMS standardization and development of training requirements.
The office provides direction, guidance, and coordination with points of contact in headquarters and field divisions in development of SMS policies, procedures, and work instructions, in accordance with the AVS Quality Management System (QMS). More »
Newsletter -- What's Happening with SMS?
- Newsletter (PDF)
This newsletter covers the latest SMS issues and local regional activity, and is updated each month (subscribe to this page to be notified of newsletter updates).
Dale Whitmore, Assistant Manager,
Federal Aviation Administration
45005 Aviation Drive, Suite 131
Dulles, VA 20166
Phone: (703) 661-0516