- Provides staff assistance to the division and technical assistance to the field offices with surveillance of domestic and foreign aircraft operations including certification and surveillance of:
- U.S. Air carriers and other commercial operators (excludes part 121)
- General aviation operations, including airmen, designee's and pilot examiners
- Coordinates Investigations and reports:
- Service difficulties
- Violations of Federal Aviation Regulations
- Develops and recommends to the division manager regional directives and areas of emphasis to guide district office planning and performance.
- New or amended regulations
- Evaluates the effectiveness of field execution of assigned programs
- Reviews and coordinates Enforcement Investigative Reports with field offices and the assistant General Counsel.
- Represents Flight Standards during informal conferences.
Kim O Davies
General Aviation Technical Branch Manager
Phone: (404) 305-6060
Fax: (404) 305-6044