- We monitor the transport category airplane fleet to ensure that airplanes continue to meet regulations and are safe throughout their operational life cycle.
- We look for conditions that affect the safety of airplanes through surveillance, inspection, review, investigation, and analysis of service difficulties, incidents, and accidents.
- If we identify an unsafe condition, we will:
- Work with the manufacturers to mandate corrective action through airworthiness directives (AD),
- Revise regulations/policy, or
- Issue new regulations/policy.
- We perform surveillance and oversight of production approval holders.
For more information, please see: