Transport Airplane Directorate Field Offices
Design, Production, and Airworthiness Certification
- We are responsible for the issuance of design, production, and airworthiness approvals of all aircraft and aircraft parts in Washington, Oregon, Idaho, Montana, Colorado, Wyoming, California, Arizona, Utah, Nevada, Hawaii, and the Pacific Rim countries.
- We determine if and ensure that each aircraft design meets the applicable regulations (Design Approvals).
- When an applicant shows that its aircraft design meets the standards, we issue a type certificate.
- We ensure that each manufacturing facility is capable of producing aircraft to the approved design (Production Approvals).
- We ensure that each aircraft produced in the manufacturing facility is built to the approved design and is in a condition for safe operation (Airworthiness Certification).
Page Last Modified: 08/06/09 14:40 EDT