The Environmental Policy Teams help develop and ensure that the latest noise and air quality impact evaluation tools are used in assessing environmental impacts of FAA's airspace projects.
- Aviation Environmental Design Tool (AEDT)
- Area Equivalent Method (AEM)
- The screening Tool is based on INM methodology. Used for changes in aircraft type and number of operations
- Produces % change in contour area
- 17% or more change in contour area is equivalent to a 3dB increase in noise and may signal impact in noise sensitive area.
- Noise Integrated Routing System (NIRS) & NIRS Screening Tool