The Environmental Policy Teams help develop and ensure that the latest noise and air quality impact evaluation tools are used in assessing environmental impacts of FAA's airspace projects.
- Aviation Environmental Design Tool (AEDT)
- AEDT 2b was released to the public on May 29, 2015 as the single required model for environmental compliance of airport actions as well as air traffic airspace and procedure actions. It replaces the Integrated Noise Model (INM — single airport noise analysis), the Emissions and Dispersion Modeling System (EDMS — single airport emissions analysis), and AEDT 2a (regional noise analysis).
- AEDT: Frequently Asked Questions
- Approval of AEDT Plug-in within TARGETS for Environmental Screening (PDF, 91.0 KB)
- Area Equivalent Method (AEM)
- The screening Tool is based on INM methodology. Used for changes in aircraft type and number of operations
- Produces % change in contour area
- 17% or more change in contour area is equivalent to a 3dB increase in noise and may signal impact in noise sensitive area.
- Noise Integrated Routing System (NIRS) & NIRS Screening Tool