The documents on this web page are in MS Powerpoint and Word format.
Table of Contents
- Getting Started: Information and Checklists
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- FAA Inspector Guidance
- Documents Applicable to All RVSM Approvals
- General / Business Aviation Aircraft and Operator Documents
- Large Transport Aircraft Documents
- Monitoring Requirements and Procedures
- Registration on RVSM Approvals Databases
- Area of Operations Specific Information & Operational Policy/Procedures
- North American RVSM
- Domestic U.S. RVSM (DRVSM)
- Canada – RVSM
- Mexico – RVSM
- Gulf of Mexico
- Global Areas of RVSM Operations
- China (People's Republic of China)
- Asia/Pacific Ocean
- Caribbean and South America
- West Atlantic Route System (WATRS), San Juan FIR, NY Oceanic, Atlantic High Offshore
- North American RVSM
- Safety Reporting
US RVSM Approvals
For Additional information or changes to this database please contact NAARMO.
The abridged version of the database is available below in Excel and PDF format.
Please visit the NAARMO web site for additional AGHME monitoring status results.
- New! Information Sheet for application of a Part 91 RVSM Authorization (PDF) (14 Apr 14)
Frequently Asked Questions – Applicable to all Operators
- FAQs Applicable to both Operations and Maintenance Specialties (MS Word) (13 June 2005) Applicable to All Operators and Specific to GA Operators
- Initial and Continued Airworthiness (Maintenance) FAQ (MS Word) (10 Aug 2004): Applicable to All Operators and Specific to Part GA Operators
- Update! Monitoring FAQ (MS Word) (17 May 2013):
- Operations FAQ (MS Word) (12 Jan 2005): Applicable to All Operators and Specific to Part 91/GA Operators
- Flight Standards Field Office: RVSM Points of Contact By Region (MS Excel) (10 Oct 2014)
FAA Inspector Guidance
- New! Job Aid - Altimetry System Error Report (ASE-R) (PDF) (07 Oct 14)
- New! Job Aid: Part 91 Operator Application to Conduct RVSM Operations (MS Word) (2 April 14)
- RVSM Minimum Monitoring Requirements Tables (MMR Chart) for North America (MS Word)
- RVSM Monitoring: Situations Where Monitoring Not Completed On Time (MS Word) (25 Feb 2011) This document provides guidance for situations where the operator does not complete RVSM monitoring requirements on time.
- New!Notice Concerning Changes to the Part 91 RVSM Letter of Authorization Template (PDF)(04 Feb 14)
- New!Evaluate Operator's Application to Conduct Flight in RVSM Airspace (See FAA Order 8900.1 Volume 4, Chapter 10, Section 1).
- New!Special Navigation Areas of Operation - RVSM Airspace (See FAA Order 8900.1 Volume 4, Chapter 1, Section 5, Paragraph 4-109).
- New!RVSM Height Monitoring (See FAA Order 8900.1 Volume 4, Chapter 1, Section 5, Paragraph 4-109H).
Documents Applicable to All RVSM Approvals
- Advisory Circular 91-85 (Authorization of Aircraft and Operators for Flight in Reduced Vertical Separation Minimum Airspace) (8/21/09) (PDF)
- Master Minimum Equipment List(30 Apr 14)
- TCAS Documents
- Part 91 Appendix G, Section 2, Paragraph (g):
"After March 31, 2002, unless otherwise authorized by the Administrator, if you operate an aircraft that is equipped with TCAS II in RVSM airspace, it must be a TCAS II that meets TSO C-119b (Version 7.0), or a later version."
- TCAS Training (MS Word): Training Considerations for Using TCAS Version 6.04 and Version 7 in RVSM Airspace (9 Aug 2004)
- TCAS II, Change 7 Modifications (MS Word) (21 Mar 2002) – Provides explanation of modifications to TCAS II when Change 7 is incorporated. Recommends that aircraft operating practices recommended for TCAS Version 6.04 be continued
- Code of Federal Regulations – Applicability
- Part 91.180 and additions to Part 91 Appendix G, Section 8 (Airspace Designation) (MS Word) – applies to RVSM operations within the U.S.
- Part 91, Section 91.706 (MS Word) applies to RVSM operations outside the U.S.
- Part 91 Appendix G (Operations in RVSM Airspace) (MS Word) – provides basic standards that apply to all RVSM operations
Small Commercial / General Aviation Aircraft Documentation
- GA / Business Aviation Aircraft Engineering Packages (MS Word) (10 Apr 2008)
- New! Information Sheet for application of a Part 91 RVSM Authorization (PDF) (04 Feb 14)
- New! Job Aid: Part 91 Operator Application to Conduct RVSM Operations (MS Word) (2 Apr 14)
- New! Notice Concerning Changes to the Part 91 RVSM Letter of Authorization Template (PDF)
- New! Special Navigation Areas of Operation - RVSM Airspace (See FAA Order 8900.1 Volume 4, Chapter 1, Section 5, Paragraph 4-109).
Large Transport Documentation
- Large Transport Aircraft Engineering Packages (MS Word) – List of Service Bulletins and STC's
- Dispatcher Guidance for RVSM Operations, Rev. 1 (MS Word) (13 Mar 2002)
Monitoring Requirements / Procedures
- New! RVSM Height Monitoring Guide for U.S. Operators (PDF)(25 Apr 2014)
- Contacts to schedule GPS-based Monitoring Unit (GMU)
- RVSM Minimum Monitoring Requirements Tables (MMR Chart) for North America (MS Word) (10 Jun 2011)
- New! RVSM Height Monitoring (See FAA Order 8900.1 Volume 4, Chapter 1, Section 5, Paragraph 4-109H).
- Civil Aviation Authority Action to Register Aircraft and Operators on Regional Monitoring Agency RVSM Approvals Databases. In accordance with ICAO regional agreements, each country's civil aviation authorities must maintain a database of RVSM approved operators and airframes and provide that information to the appropriate Regional Monitoring Agency. Procedures for coordination of aircraft and operator data are provided below:
- FAA RVSM Approvals Database for US Operators. The Separation Standards Group at the FAA Technical Center (AJP-7B1) maintains the FAA database of RVSM approved airframes and operators. AJP-7B1 obtains the required information on US operators and airframes directly from the FAA Flight Standards (AFS) Program Tracking and Reporting Subsystem (PTRS). AFS Inspector guidance provides direction to AFS inspectors for completing the PTRS entries. Once an operator has completed the approval process with the appropriate AFS field office, no further action is required on the part of the operator to register on either the FAA RVSM Approvals Database or on the databases maintained by other Regional Monitoring Agencies (e.g., North Atlantic Central Monitoring Agency). AJP-7B1 provides operator and aircraft information to other Regional Monitoring Agencies.
- Civil Aviation Authority Action for Non-US Operators
- Asia Pacific: Access Asia / Pacific Approvals Registry and Monitoring Organization (APARMO) website. Under "APARMO Documentation" see: "Guidance and Procedures for the Registration of RVSM Approvals in the Asia/Pacific Region. (15 Feb 2002)
- North America: North American Approvals Registry and Monitoring Organization (NAARMO).
- Europe Contact the State Liaison specialist on the Eurocontrol User Support Cell.
- Caribbean & South American Monitoring Agency (CARSAMMA) contacts and forms for registration on the CARSAMMA database.
- FAA Notice GEN05003 Update: New Aircraft Equipment Suffixes For FAA Flight Plans (MS Word) Effective Sept. 1, 2005 at 0901 UTC. This GEN05003 update includes the effective time of 0901UTC. The updated version will be posted in Part 4 of the Domestic/International NOTAM Book on Sept. 1. The version now posted does not include the effective time. Suffixes indicate Advanced RNAV and RVSM capability.
- The RNAV SIDS/STARS Charting Notice (PDF) announcing related modifications to published RNAV SIDS and STARS is provided here for reference.
- FAA Notice GEN04009 Revision (Operational Policy/Procedures For RVSM In the Domestic US, Alaska,Offshore Airspace and the San Juan FIR) (MS Word) This revision incorporates new FAA Flight Plan aircraft equipment suffixes effective Sept 1 per GEN05003. See paragraph d (Flight Planning) and the Attachment.
- Non-RVSM Aircraft: ATC Center Phone Numbers (MS Word) (13 May 2005)
- Basic Operator Information on DRVSM Programs (MS Word) (11 May 2005)
- Gulf of Mexico Airspace : RVSM Policy/Procedures and Strategic Lateral Offsets (MS Word) (27 Oct 2004 This document reviews RVSM operational policies/procedures for the Gulf of Mexico and introduces Strategic Lateral Offsets to that airspace.
- Aeronautical Information Circular (Policy and Procedures of RVSM in China Airspace (PDF) (1 Nov 2007)
- Pilot & Operator Guidance Material (PDF) Guidance on RVSM in China prepared by Air Traffic Management Bureau of China and the International Federation of Airline Pilots (IFALPA)
- China RVSM
- Operational Policy/Procedures: Pacific Ocean and Offshore Airspace (MS Word) (16 Feb 2006)
- CAA Contacts (MS Word) Pacific CAA Contact List (07 Jun 99) for aircraft/operator approval
- Unapproved State Aircraft Operation (MS Word) Approval Form for Operation of Unapproved State Aircraft (23 Aug 2000)
- Oceanic Center Contacts (MS Word) Contacts for Coordination of Non-RVSM Compliant Aircraft Operations in Pacific Airspace (4 Apr 2000)
- Asia-Pacific RVSM Guidance Material (ZIP) – This document is intended to provide broad policy for RVSM implementation programs. For aircraft and operator approval requirements, it is recommended that the individual documents published on the "RVSM Documentation" and the "APARMO" section of this website be accessed.
- To be added
- Operator Requirements (MS Word) – FAA and European RVSM Aircraft and Operator Approval Documents (26 Apr 2002)
- North Atlantic MNPS Airspace Operations Manual
- Altitude Stratum (MS Word) – Expansion of the RVSM altitude stratum in the New York Oceanic FIR NOTAM (Dec 2001)
- Explanation: Wake Turbulence Reporting Procedures (MS Word) (9 Apr 2014)
- Aviation Safety Reporting System (ASRS) "General" Report Form (Pilots, Dispatchers)
Registration on RVSM Approvals Database
For additional information or changes to this database please contact NAARMO