Senior Technical Specialist for Nondestructive Inspection (NDI) and Composite Materials Maintenance
Mr. Jones has been involved in the field of Nondestructive Inspection (NDI) for thirty years. Mr. Jones has 15 years of prior service with the FAA in several roles including Aviation Safety Inspector (ASI), National Resource Specialist (NRS) for NDI, and most recently as the Branch Manager for Special Projects in the Aircraft Maintenance Division.
In addition to his FAA experience, Mr. Jones has an operational background from having worked for over 16 years at airlines including: Empire, Piedmont and U.S. Air. During his time in industry, he held jobs including mechanic/inspector, nondestructive technician and NDI manager.
During his time at the FAA, he has led the development of Advisory Circular AC 65-33 Development of Training/Qualification Programs for Composite Maintenance Technicians. He also serves as the Flight Standards Service (AFS) Representative to the Commercial Aircraft Composite Repair Committee (CACRC).
Mr. Jones is a course mentor for three FAA courses:
- FAA21000022, Composite Awareness For The Aviation Safety Inspector Prerequisite
- FAA21000023, Composite Awareness For The Aviation Safety Inspector
- FAA22518, Nondestructive Inspection and Evaluation
- Commercial Aircraft Composite Repair Committee (CACRC)
- Air Transport Association (ATA) Nondestructive Testing (NDT) Network
- Composite Materials Handbook (CMH-17)