Supplemental Type Certificates
Regulations & Policies
Title 14 Code of Federal Regulations
- Part 21, Certification Procedures for Products and Parts
- Subpart A - General
- Subpart B - Type Certificates
- Subpart D - Changes to Type Certificates
- Subpart E - Supplemental Type Certificates, sections 21.111 through 21.119.
- Section 21.113, Requirement of supplemental type certificate, permits major changes by persons other than the holder of the type certificate.
Note: Section 21.113 revision [with subsections (a), (b), and (c)] published in the Federal Register on October 16, 2009, has effective date of April 16, 2011.
Advisory Circulars (AC)
- AC 21-40A, Application Guide for Obtaining a Supplemental Type Certificate
- 8110.4, Type Certification
- 8110.48, How to Establish the Certification Basis for Changed Aeronautical Products