The Airport Cooperative Research Program (ACRP) is an industry-driven, applied research program that develops practical solutions to problems faced by airport operators. Funding more than 20 research projects a year, ACRP focuses on research needs that other Federal research programs do not address. ACRP is managed by the Transportation Research Board (TRB) of the National Academies and sponsored by the FAA.
On this page…
- Airport Emergency Management and Irregular Operations (IROPS)
(August 19, 2013)
TRB will host a free webinar featuring ACRP research that will provide managers, airport operators, and emergency planners with effective ways to thoroughly prepare for events that are disruptive to normal airport operations. This webinar will provide 1.5 Continuing Education Units for Accredited Airport Executives.
- When: August 19, 2013, 2 to 3:30 pm ET
- Cost: Free
- Register: Participants must register in advance
- See also ACRP's Archived Webinars
Recently Released Publications
The following content is published by the Transportation Research Board (TRB) of the National Academies.
Published: April 9, 2014 11:02 AM
TRB’s Airport Cooperative Research Program (ACRP) Report 107: Development of a Runway Veer-Off Location Distribution Risk Assessment and Reporting Template explores a method to assess the risk of lateral runway excursions, also known as veer-offs, and suggests ways to improve veer-off incident/accident reporting.…
Published: March 26, 2014 5:00 PM
TRB’s Airport Cooperative Research Program (ACRP) Synthesis 51: Impacts of Aging Travelers on Airports describes the challenges of wayfinding, fatigue, technology and equipment, and needed amenities, as well as the practices that airports are enacting to accommodate and improve the airport experience of aging travelers. The report is designed to help users better understand the aging demographic, and define issues and implement effective practices to accommodate aging travelers at airports.
Published: March 17, 2014 7:56 AM
TRB’s Airport Cooperative Research Program (ACRP) Report 106: Being Prepared for IROPS: A Business-Planning and Decision-Making Approach describes a process to help justify airport planning, and funding decisions (capital, and operations and maintenance) related to supporting irregular operations (IROPS) contingency planning. …
ACRP offers the following free webinars based on recent ACRP reports.
- Airport Emergency Management and Irregular Operations (IROPS) (August 19, 2013)
- Airport Planning with Uncertainty in Traffic and Fuel Price Forecasting (July 10, 2013)
- Managing Small Airports (June 12, 2013)
- Airport Organization and Workforce Development (May 30, 2013)
- Environmental Planning for Airport Winter Operations (Apr. 25, 2013)
- Airport Terminal Planning and Design, A Focus on Wayfinding and Roadways (Dec. 6, 2012)
- Airport Governance and Ownership (Nov. 14, 2012)
- Greenhouse Gas Reduction and Sustainable Construction Strategies for Airports (Oct. 10, 2012)
- Aviation Fuel Costs and Alternatives (June 5, 2012)
- Cleared for Takeoff! Airport Inspection and Ramp Safety Practices (May 10, 2012)
- Small Airports: Practical Guidance for Survival (Dec. 5, 2011)
- Current Trends at Airports: Rights and Responsibilities (Nov. 14, 2011)
- Wildlife vs. Aviation: Repelling and Deterring Techniques (Oct. 24, 2011)
- More »
All links on this page go to the ACRP website administered by the Transportation Research Board (TRB), which is not part of FAA.gov or any other Federal government website. After you leave FAA.gov, you are subject to the privacy and security policies of TRB and are no longer protected by Federal privacy laws.