Mission and Vision
Airports - Alaskan Region
- To provide our customers with guidance and leadership in the planning, development, and operation of the airport system in Alaska.
- Enable air transportation services to be delivered in a safe and efficient manner, incorporating community and environmental needs.
- Cohesive team with clear understanding of roles and responsibilities.
- Full automation to input, manage, and dissmeinate all program information.
- Be a vital resource and recognized as experts in airport planning, development, and operation.
- Effective community/user involvement programs.
- Sufficient staff that is trained, motivated, challenged, and valued.
- Education and market airport division services to all users.
- Encourage State to establish dedicated airport fund and pursue all aviation revenue sources to adequately fund maintenance.