The following represents the signficant steps that are necessary when requesting PFC funding for a project.
Formulation of PFC Projects
- Public agency develops a list of projects that will include PFC funds.
- FAA meets with public agency on PFC projects, consultation, process etc...(optional).
- Public agency develops project description and financial data.
- Public agency notifies air carriers of consultation meeting.
- Public Agency holds consultation meeting - Agency must conduct meeting 30-45 days after date of notification.
- Air carriers provide certification of agreement/disagreement no later than 30 days after consultation meeting.
- Public agency prepares and submits PFC application
- FAA reviews draft application (optional, but recommended for quicker review and approval).
- FAA receives final PFC application.
- FAA Determines if Application is Substantially Complete - This must occur within 30 days of receipt.
- Airport Notification of Supplement to FAA - This must be made within 15 days of completeness finding (as needed).
- FAA Review Period - This ends 120 days from date of receipt of application.
- FAA Files Notice for publication in Federal Register.
- Public Comment period ends 30-days after publication of notice.
- FAA (Region) prepares prepared Record of Decision if theere is no controversy.
- FAA (Washington) prepares Record of Decision if there is controversy.
- Application is approved/disapproved by Associate Administrator for Airports or Regional Division Manager on or before end of 120 day period.
Approved PFC Applications
- Airport notifies air carriers of approval and informs them to begin collection.
- Collection begins on 1st day of month, at least 60 days from carrier notification.
- Air carriers remit PFCs to airport monthly.
- Quarterly report filed by airport with FAA.
If you require additional information regarding application of a PFC within the FAA Central Region, please contact the Central Region PFC Specialist.