On November 2, 2001, it was announced that Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) Airports Offices will begin conducting review of Passenger Facility Charges (PFC) Annual Audits on a regular basis.
This action is part of FAA program oversight responsibilities to ensure uniformity nationwide while maintaining flexibility by the Public Agencies to tailor PFC Programs to their own needs.
It has always been and remains our intention to work with the Public Agencies, as requested, on the establishment of a reporting system (quarterly reports) and provide guidance on the requirements of the legislation.This action does not change that effort.
Beginning with the 2001 audits, Eastern Region Airports Office requests that each Public Agency submit annually, a copy of the PFC Annual Audits Report to:FAA, Airports Division, AEA-610, 1 Aviation Plaza, Jamaica, New York 11434-4809.An accredited independent public accountant shall perform the audit as referenced in the regulation, Part 158.67, which may be specifically for the PFC account; or conducted as part of an audit under the Single Agency Audit Act of 1983, provided that the auditor specifically addresses the PFC.
If you have any questions, please contact Eleanor Schifflin, PFC Program Manager at (718) 553-3354. Again, this action does not change the current law, only expands the requirement to ensure the objectives of the PFC Program are met.
National Policy and Resources
Comment on Draft PFC Order
The FAA is accepting public comments on Draft Order 5500.1B, Passenger Facility Charge, through October 31, 2016 (comment deadline extended).
Advisory Circulars (ACs)
- Series 150 AC Library
- Notice to Airports and Air Carriers Concerning Their Rights to Review PFC Audits (PDF) (added 10/26/2015)
- Passenger Facility Charge Audit Guide for Air Carriers (July 2002) (PDF)
- Passenger Facility Charge Audit Guide for Air Carriers--Procedures for Examining Air Carrier Passenger Facility Charge Collection, Remittance, and Reporting Practices (July 26, 2002) (PDF)
Data, Tools, & Resources
- Addresses for Air Carriers and Commercial Service Airports
- Essential Air Service Program
- PFC Monthly Reports
Guidance & Policy
- Best Practices
- Passenger Facility Charge Order (5500.1)
- See chapter 10 for PFC levels above $3
- PFC Assurances (PDF) (11/10/2009)
- PFC Statutes & Regulations
|Number and Title||Date|
|PFC Update 69-12: Implementation of Changes from the FAA Modernization and Reform Act of 2012 (PDF)||Sept. 14, 2012|
|PFC Update 66-11: Large and Medium Hub Airport Forecast Revenue Report (PDF)||June 9, 2011|
|PFC Update 65-11: Public Agency Collection Information (PDF)||Jan. 13, 2011|