Federal Regulation Title 14 Part 77 establishes standards and notification requirements for objects affecting navigable airspace. This notification serves as the basis for:
- Evaluating the effect of the construction or alteration on operating procedures
- Determining the potential hazardous effect of the proposed construction on air navigation
- Identifying mitigating measures to enhance safe air navigation
- Charting of new objects
Notification allows the FAA to identify potential aeronautical hazards in advance to prevent or minimize the adverse impacts to the safe and efficient use of navigable airspace.
- Airport Obstructions Standards Committee
- Airspace/Landing Area Forms
- Obstruction Evaluation/Airport Airspace Analysis Website - Use this site to file a Notice of Proposed Construction or Alteration (Form 7460-1), view proposed and determined cases, access tools, and find an FAA airspace contact.
- Related Advisory Circulars
- Regulation: Safe, Efficient Use and Preservation of the Navigable Airspace (Part 77) - The FAA published the revised Part 77 on July 21, 2010. It went into effect on January 18, 2011.
|If construction is . . .||Contact . . .|
|On an airport||Nearest FAA Airports Regional Office|
|Not on an airport||Nearest FAA Air Traffic Contact|
Regional Supplemental Guidance
Additional guidance on this topic is available for the following regions of the country: