The Airport Safety Program addresses general aviation airport safety, runway safety, airports certificated under 14 Code of Federal Regulations Part 139, and safety management systems (SMS).
Part 139 Certification/Safety
- Laurie J. Dragonas, Lead Airport Certification Safety Inspector conducts airport certification and safety inspections. Administers and oversees airport certification and general aviation safety compliance programs. Conducts evaluations of snow removal operations.
- Kelly Slusarski, Airport Certification Safety Inspector conducts airport certification and safety inspections. Administers and oversees airport certification and general aviation safety compliance programs. Conducts evaluations of snow removal operations.
Airport Master Record Program
- Tracey McInnis, Airports Airspace Specialist maintains the Airport Master Record 5010 Program. Contact for establishing, changing, or abandoning a heliport, landing area, or private airport. Serves as focal point on obstruction evaluations.
National Policy and Guidance
Advisory Circulars (ACs)
Data, Tools, & Resources
- Aeronautical Information Manual (AIM)
- Airport Acronyms
- Airport Data (5010) and Contact Information
- Airport Diagrams
- Aviation Safety Information Analysis and Sharing (ASIAS) System
- National Transportation Safety Board
- National Wildlife Strike Database
- Notices for Airmen (NOTAMs)
- State Aviation Offices
Guidance & Policy
- Airport Statutes & Regulations - Certification of Airports (14 CFR Part 139)
- Interim Guidance on Mineral Extraction and Request for Data Update (PDF, 1.77 MB)
- Interim Guidance on Proposed Commercial Space Facilities and Operations at Federally Obligated or Part 139 Airports (PDF) (added 11/3/2014)
- NOTAM Briefing: Guidance for NOTAM D Standardization: MS PowerPoint, PDF
- Thermal Exhaust Plume Impact on Airport Operations: Technical Guidance and Assessment Tool (PDF) (added 1/22/2015)
Part 139 Certification
Federal Register Notices
|Safety Management System for Certificated Airports; Extension of Comment Period (76 FR 12300) (PDF)||3/7/2011|
|Safety Management System for Certificated Airports (75 FR 62008) (PDF)||10/7/2010|
|More Federal Register Notices|