What is the New England Regional Airport System Plan?
The New England Regional Airport System Plan (NERASP) is the most recent product of more than a decade of work by the New England Airport Coalition, a collaboration of 11 of the region's major aiports, the six New England state aviation agencies, the Massachusetts Port Authority, the New England Council, and the Federal Aviation Administration.
The NERASP provides the foundation for a regional strategy for meeting air passenger needs through 2020 and developing a New England airport system that is efficient, convenient, and reliable. It was included as a strategy for increasing system capacity in the FAA's 2009-2013 Flight Plan.
New England Regional Airport System Plan
- Introduction (PDF)
- How Does Aviation Help New England Be New England? (PDF)
- Understanding Regional Airport System Dynamics (PDF)
- Building the Forecasts - The Basic Logic and Assumptions (PDF)
- Forecast Results (PDF)
- Challenges for the Regional System (PDF)
- Meet the Airports (PDF, 2.19 MB)
- Final Thoughts and Acknowledgements (PDF)
- Complete Report: PDF (4.8 MB), MS Word (1.43 MB)