AC 150/5370-14A - Hot Mix Asphalt Paving Handbook
150/5370-14A - Hot Mix Asphalt Paving Handbook
- Date Issued
- July 24, 2001
- Responsible Office
- AAS-100, Office of Airport Safety & Standards - Airport Engineering Division
- Provides guidance on asphalt paving operations, including project organization, mix design, quality control, plant operations, laydown, and compaction.
The Handbook is included in the AC as Appendix 1. Because of its size, the Appendix has been broken up into several smaller files.
- 150/5370-14A (PDF, 208 KB)
- 150/5370-14A, Appendix 1, Introduction (PDF, 271 KB)
- 150/5370-14A, Appendix 1, Part I (PDF, 1.62 MB)
- 150/5370-14A, Appendix 1, Part II (a) (PDF, 2.35 MB)
- 150/5370-14A, Appendix 1, Part II (b) (PDF, 1.67 MB)
- 150/5370-14A, Appendix 1, Part II (c) (PDF, 1.93 MB)
- 150/5370-14A, Appendix 1, Part III (a) (PDF, 2.43 MB)
- 150/5370-14A, Appendix 1, Part III (b) (PDF, 1.54 MB)
- 150/5370-14A, Appendix 1, Glossary and Bibliography (PDF, 238 KB)
Draft AC 150/5370-14B, Hot Mix Asphalt Paving Handbook
This AC is a reissuance of the Hot-Mix Asphalt Paving Handbook 2000. When finalized the Handbook will be incorporated into the AC as Appendix 1. The handbook is unaltered from the version issued in AC 150/5370-14A in July 2001. To access the handbook, see AC 150/5370-14A.
The handbook concentrates on field practices for asphalt paving, including plant operations, transportation of materials, surface preparation, laydown, compaction, and quality control processes. Although most of the information can be found in other documents, the handbook remains useful for airports and the information it contains is still valid.