What is Runway Safety?
Runway Safety Goal
To improve Runway Safety in the United States by decreasing the number and severity of Surface Incidents and Runway Incursions.
The Runway Safety Report helps the Runway Safety Office and the Office of Safety analyze the past years progression and efforts to show decreases or increases in the Runway Incursions and over all safety on the runway for the flying public. The Runway Safety Plan was created to project future endeavors and plans for Runway Safety from the present through 2011.
- See what NTSB is saying about Runway Safety...
- FAA Approves 1st U.S. Ground Based Augmentation System- Press Release
- FAA to Install Runway Safety Warning System at Boston Logan- Press Release
- Boston Logan Runway Status Lights Briefing- Speech
- Runway Safety Update- Speech
- Watch the Press Conference Here
- LAX Runway Status Lights Press Event- Speech
- Newark Uses New Runway Safety System
- LAX Gets New Runway Safety System
- Agency Selects Design Competition Winners
- Agency Gives Free Safety DVDs to Pilots