Be a cub reporter. Visit your local airport. Ask if you can speak with a pilot, mechanic or air traffic controller. Tell him/her that you would like to ask some aviation career type questions. It shouldnt be too difficult, folks usually like to talk about themselves (we know we do).
- Take good notes
- Be polite when asking the questions
- Use full sentences when writing the answers
- And thank the person for his/her time after the interview is over
- How old were you when you first got interested in aviation?
- What is the most interesting thing about being a pilot, mechanic or air traffic controller?
- Who is your Aviation Hero? And why?
- If I could become you at work for one day, what is the first piece of advice you would give me for the day?
- What is the hardest thing about being a pilot, mechanic or air traffic controller?