To create this drawing, you will need:
- Large graph paper (17" X 22")
- A sharp pencil
- A metric (centimeter) ruler
- The instructions below
- The following diagram
It is suggested you make very light hues and dots as you begin. You may retrace the outline after you have completed all of the steps. Connect only the points in your instructions!
- Turn your paper so a long edge is closest to you.
- Move up the left-hand side of the paper to about the middle. Count in
toward the center 14 squares. Place a small dot, and label that dot (A).
- Find dots (A) and (B) on the diagram. Measure the distance from (A) to
(B). On your graph paper, double this distance. In order to create a 1:2 scale drawing,
you will need to double on your drawing every one centimeter measured from the original
diagram. For example, the distance from (A) to (B) should be 17 cm. This means the length
between these points on your drawing will be _____ . Measure this distance from point (A).
When you find this, place point (B) here.
- Using your ruler, lightly connect points (A) and (B) on your drawing.
- Measure the distance between points (C) and (D) on the diagram. Make the
correct calculations, and place these points on your drawing. Again, connect points (C)
and (D) on your drawing.
- Find points (B) to (E). Measure the distance. On your drawing, place
- Find and place points (F) and (G) on you drawing. Connect these two.
- Find and place points (H) and (I).
- Find and place (1) to (J) connect.
- Find and place (H) to (K) connect.
- Find and place points (L) and (M).
- Find and place points (N) and (O) on your drawing. Connect (O) to (C) and (N) to
- Connect (M) to (O) and (L) to (N).
- Find and place points (P) and (Q).
- Connect points (Q) to (G) and (P) to (F).
- Find and place points (R) and (S).
- Connect (R) to (P) and (S) to (Q).
- Find and place point (T).
- Find and place points (U) and (V).
- Connect point (U) to (R) amid (V) to (S).
- Find and place point (AA). Connect point (AA) to point (A).
- Carefully hand draw the curved lines from point (U) to (A) and (V) to (A).
- Find and place points (BB) to (CC) connect.
- Find and place point (X).
- Find and place points (Y) to (Z).
- Using the squares on the graph paper and the original diagram, carefully complete the drawing by adding or erasing lines.