Do you know what you want to be when you grow up? Are you still figuring it out?
If you love science, technology, engineering, and math (STEM), then consider a career in aviation or aerospace! FAA's STEM Aviation and Space Education (AVSED) program offers lots of ways for you to explore this exciting world through STEM-based activities.
What Will You Be?
The sky really is the limit when it comes to working in aviation. Here are a few career opportunities that are available through FAA and other aviation and aerospace organizations:
- Air Traffic Control Specialist – promote airplane safety by directing the movement of air traffic
- Electrician – install, maintain, and repair aircraft electrical systems
- Engineer – design and develop aircraft and related aviation/aerospace technologies
- Flight Attendant – travel the world and ensure the safety and comfort of airplane passengers
- Ground Crew Member – support many aspects of the aircraft while it's on the runway
- Mechanic – inspect, diagnose and repair aircraft
- Pilot – fly aircraft and passengers around the world
- Safety Inspector – develop and administer aircraft safety standards
- Sales and Service Representative – assist airline passengers with flight travel details
- Technical Operations Specialist – manage various technical aspects of aircraft operations
Check out our current STEM AVSED programs and find a good match: