The FAA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of political affiliation, race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, age, disability or any other characteristic not bearing on job performance. On an individual case basis, this agency also makes reasonable accommodations for current FAA employees and job applicants with disabilities.
The FAA provides reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please notify us. Decisions on granting reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis. Additional information on reasonable accommodations procedures or EEO Programs is available or by contacting the local FAA Civil Rights Office. The FAA also participates in a variety of EEO Affirmative Programs and initiatives including:
- EEOC Management Directive (MD) 715
- Requires agencies to take appropriate steps to ensure that policies, practices and procedures are conducted in a discrimination free manner for employees and applicants.
- Federal Women's Program (FWP)
- A government-wide program that addresses the employment needs and barriers of women as they relate to Federal employment policies, practices and related initiatives.
- Hispanic Employment Program (HEP)
- Assures participation by Hispanic Americans at the Federal Aviation Administration.
- People with Disabilities
- Ensures that people with disabilities have equal Federal employment opportunities.
- Prevention of Sexual Harassment
- Works to raise awareness of and prevent sexual harassment in the workplace.
FAA regulates and oversees all aspects of our nation's civil aviation. FAA employees work in a variety of occupations across the nation to provide the safest, most efficient aviation technology and airspace in the world.